Search and You Shall Find in My World

05 March 2012

The man who can't be moved

Photo captured using my iPhone
I am intrigued by this young man. Every morning and every night, as I go in and out of Opon, he keeps his post in this corner of the Birhen sa Regla Church in Opon, Lapu-lapu City. He has stood rains and sunshine and looks like he is not bothered by what is going on around him. I never heard him say a word. I have seen him giving me a fleeting glance once. I tried to smile and wave my hand but his eyes remained empty. He has mental problems, obviously, by judging from his looks. His empty grey eyes staring into a world he only knows.

Why does his family abandon him I would like to know. We Filipinos never abandon our own kind. Unless his family too has mental problems.

No comments: