Search and You Shall Find in My World

08 March 2011

Nights at work: Wilt, wilting, wilted

Tomorrow night is nothing but one long sleepless wrestle with yesterday’s omissions and regrets.
These past days had me without sleep and feeling groggy until I would board a jeepney. Funny how I would observe my fellow passengers on-board the jeep going to do about their business- schools, markets and offices, while I am in the opposite direction- home.

I used to express my appreciation on working in the wee hours- no traffic, no irritating sounds, just you and the computer. But lately, working late has taken its toll. At the end of my night, literally, I could not say I have been renewed. More of like, wilted? And I don't want it no more, concluding that call centers are not really for me. End of topic.

But as I look at the fresh faces of my fellow passengers their vibrant appearance give me something to look forward to. Like a fresh hint of soap.

While I am melting, their faces exude hope.


No comments: