Search and You Shall Find in My World

13 March 2011

Rockin' on at Handuraw

It's been awhile since I have not returned to Handuraw in Lahug, Cebu City. My last experience there was not quite interesting but tonight we decided to give it a try.

But weekends at Handuraw is time to rock. Really rock! (Especially if you get hold of their sub zero beers at 45 pesos only.)

If you do not like places or concerts with high decibels then the place is not for you. You see, weekends at Handuraw are reserved for the up and coming artists of Cebu. Expect boy bands belting punk, rock, rock and roll, ska, reggae. Name it you have them, all original music. Yes, original music. They composed and arranged their songs all by themselves. College students in black, high school students keeping up, rastas of different sizes and all. Handuraw is one hell of a place for weekend music. In a sea of kids wearing black, I standout in red.

I wonder why, despite of all the people, their service is efficient tonight. Unlike when I visited the place last time on a sleepy luncheon meeting.

But tonight, we jam. The icy bottle of beer makes it more cool.

The last band sang their last song, a cover version of Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger. A fitting tribute to a Handuraw returnee like me.
And so Sally can wait, she knows it's too late and she's walking on by \ My soul slides away, but don't look back in anger, don't look back in anger \ I heard you say...

No comments: