Here are some of USA's weird laws concerning your home and how you should manage it. Funny they are still existing today. I find them pretty unusual but nobody may have the guts (despite their so-called freedom) to question them, hence, their existence up to this day. Weird Americans!
- Forget about using a dish towel in the state of Oregon or in Minneapolis. Letting china air-dry is the only allowable way.
- In Florida, you're in trouble if you shatter more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers. If you get your kicks tossing plates, don't try it from any window above the ground floor of a house or apartment in Freeport, Illinois.
- In Kansas, you can't stack plates more than eight high.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, doesn't legislate what you can do with your rug outdoors, but indoors, it's a crime to sweep dirt under it.
- California requires "housewives" to boil their dust rags or risk jail time.
- Donkeys may not sleep in bathtubs in Brooklyn, New York. In Arkansas, it's alligators that aren't allowed in the tub, while in South Carolina, it's horses.
- Don't try giving the twins a bath in Los Angeles, where it's illegal to wash two babies at once.
- You're one toe over the line if you dip it into the bathtub before 10 p.m. in Piqua, Ohio.
- Lawmakers in the state of Virginia and in Canton, Ohio, must not want their citizens to bathe: Indoor tubs are against the law. Don't head to Portland, Oregon, for relief, either. While you can have an indoor tub there, you’ll have to use it while wearing "suitable clothing…that which reaches from the bather's neck to his knees and completely covers the body."
- You can be cited for "dozing or snoozing" in the tub in Detroit.
- You may not sleep in, or on top of, a refrigerator in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- You can't sleep with your shoes on in North Dakota.
- You can't snore with the windows open in Massachusetts.
- In Iowa, a man can bar his mother-in-law from his home without explanation.
Source: www.thisoldhouse.com (including cartoon)