Search and You Shall Find in My World

05 July 2010

Indulging in Bohol: Sparadise

Judy and I headed to Body and Sole to have a much needed massage, a treat to ourselves because we've been working even on weekends. But to our dismay, Body and Sole was full and it was already past 9 in the evening so they would be closing in an hour. Yes, the people of Tagbilaran is nowhere to be seen way past nine in the evening during ordinary days. Ordinary means no festival or fiesta. Tagbilaran is a dead city after 10 o'clock.

But beside Body and Sole was Sparadise, another addition to the mushrooming clean massage centers in Tagbilaran, thanks to the reinforced tourism industry that was started by Cong. Rene Relampagos and Gov. Edgar Chatto. I would like to emphasize the CLEAN word because so many massage parlors in Manila and Cebu were used as prostitution dens. Believe me, I have experience.

Anyway, Sparadise (Door 1, Sun Avenue Building, Gallares Street; telephones 038.501.9756; 0929.884.9217) was a good find actually. They offer facials, foot spa, body massage and detox (whatever was that I did not ask). They specialized in traditional hilot (you will undergo steaming first called toob in Bohol) but we could not avail of it because we were told they have to prepare for at least an hour before the therapy.

My masseur was a small guy (I forgot his name, I'm sorry) with powerful hands. He used reflexology in his treatment. It was good, although for those not used to reflexogy, you might find it painful and uncomfortable. Full body massage would cost you 250 pesos an hour.

With wellness now in the dictionary of Tagbilaranons, I hope they would maintain it that way- clean and healthy. Of course, this Sparadise was nice and clean and the masseurs/masseuses very professional. I highly recommend it.

Meanwhile, if you want to try something extraordinary- try this: Acupuncture.


Pic grabbed from mynewsletterbuilder.com

No comments: