Search and You Shall Find in My World

16 December 2009

Just About Time


The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum recently announced that ABBA will be inducted to the Hall next year. A long delayed action, I believe.

Abba has been a favorite way beyond generations. They go beyond the 70s that kids even now can sing and dance to Dancing Queen. Remember Mamma Mia? There is even a group in Canada who is very popular among Canadians called Abbamania (?).

Congratulations Abba. Salud.

Other inductees include:
  • Genesis. I was surprised to know that Peter Gabriel was the original lead singer of this group. All along I thought it was just Phil Collins. I was not reading history. Now I know.
  • Jimmy Cliff. Familiar but I think I haven't heard his reggae songs.
  • Hollies. Who are they?
  • Stooges. Iggy Pop founded this group. I heard songs of Iggy Pop but never heard of Stooges.


No comments: