The surest way to avoid transmission of HIV is to abstain from sexual intercourse or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested and you know is uninfected. ~Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HIV is increasing in every region of the world.
- 33.4 million people living with HIV worldwide
- 31.3 million adults
- 15.7 women
- 2.1 million children under 15
- 2.7 million people
- 2.3 million adults
- 430,000 children under 15
- HIV-related deaths in 2007: 2 million total deaths
If you want more information of HIV-AIDS by country, please visit the UNAIDS Global Report site.