Search and You Shall Find in My World

06 September 2009

Uplifted

I planned to hear mass a few hours ago but my hunger prevented me to go any farther from Thirsty. You see, I was so tired from last night so that when the alarm went off for the 3am pre-fasting activity, I just turned it off and went back to sleep. I was not able to eat for about 20 hours since the dinner the other night. So I ordered a fruit salad and a cold buko juice. I was actually trembling in excitement when I saw the food.

Since I was already late for the mass, I stopped by at Booksale and browsed for interesting titles. I went home bringing five and a mag.

  • Lovesick by Angeles Mastretta (same author of Women with Big Eyes which I loved)
  • By the Light of My Father's Smile by Alice Walker
  • The Year of Living Dangerously by Christopher Koch (this was made into a movie, right?)
  • Hands Up by Paul Magrs
  • The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andres Sean Greer (I thought this was the original story of Benjamin Button but it was not, they say)
  • body+soul magazine

When I arrived home from the long walk, I opened up a pack of Yogi Tea to uplift myself. A message on the flap said- An attitude of gratitude brings out opportunities. Well said. Truly I am very grateful with life and the beauty and passion it brought me. I couldn't ask for more.

Another lovely day well spent.

No comments: