Search and You Shall Find in My World

28 February 2009

How to stay young

I am already 41 but people have mistaken me at around 30s. Others say late 20s. Of course I am flattered! Being younger looking is a plus especially in a world that has gone vain. Men and women pluck their brows. Men and women put balms, liniments, lotions, whatever on their faces and bodies to retain moisture and to make skin supple and younger looking. Men and women hit the gym. Men and women undergo operations, no matter how painfully expensive, just to look young. The list is long.

But again- No, you don't have to buy those cosmetics or undergo operations that moviestars are fighting about. (If you want to look like Boy Abunda you go to Calayan stuff hahahaha.) It's all about attitude my dear. It's all about enjoying life.

Speaking of which, I received this email a few minutes ago and it's worth a read.

Try everything twice. On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice- loved it both times!

Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches.)

Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

Enjoy the simple things.

Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him/her.

The tears happen: Endure, grieve and move on. The only person who is with us in our entire life is ourselves. Live while you are alive.

Surround yourself with what you love- family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

Cherish your health- if it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next town, province, country, to a foreign land, but not to where guilt is.

Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

Forgive those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance.

And if you don't believe this will work- who cares? Remember- Lost time can never be found. Be kinder than necessary. for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe in these things edik...some of them i've already been doing!

you don't really look 40s edik. and i know it's flattering...i get the same feeling when people tell me para akong walang anak. he! he!

Unknown said...

thanks Grace. i hope to meet you and have some chitchat over coffee.

Anonymous said...

Hi Edik - thanks for visiting.

Alam mo growing up I always hate when people say I'm 10 when I'm like 16.. but now that I'm 22 and getting older! People still think I'm 16!! It's very flattering! I also think that for a women to stay younger, less make up! hehe. for men.. hindi ko alam lol..

Anonymous said...

pag napadapd ako dyan sa cebu, will give you the notice so we can meet! it's always nice to meet new fiends! :)

Sidney said...

Wise advice...

When I visited the Philippines for the first time people called me "kuya"... after a few years they started calling me "tito"...and now the school girls call me "daddy"... :-(

Nothing I can do about it... ;-( we can't go back in time...
But I fear the moment they will call me "lolo"... :-)

Unknown said...

hahaha you are funny Sidney! can i call you lolo now?

Unknown said...

hey Grace- i'm a regular Manila visitor hehehe.

Unknown said...

di ko rin alam Jackie kung papano maging mas bata tignan ang mga lalaki hehehe.