Search and You Shall Find in My World

14 November 2009

Arroz Emiliana

No, my mother has nothing to do with this folly. (My mother's name is Emiliana.)

Lazy and could not afford to eat outside, I made an experimentation (again) with my food. I believe playing around my food would make me a chef someday hahaha. Basta, as long as the food has no poison in it, clean and palatable, and of course a feast of the senses, it would be nice to eat.

What I did?

There was a cup of sticky rice available in the cupboard. I was thinking of arroz valenciana but of course I could not do that because I have no chicken here. So I made a decision to use leftover corned beef, a can of tuna chunks in water, okra, lots of tomatoes, sambal and spices.

I washed the rice first and brought it to slow boil until tender. Fearing it might stick to the bottom of the pan, I added a little, about a teaspoon of vegetable oil. When the water has shrunk I added the spices, the okra, a pinch of salt and sambal and stir them. A minute after, I added in the leftover corned beef and tuna. Stirred them so it would cook evenly and let cook for few more minutes.

A steaming rice dish and a nice cold fruit drink completed my lunch.

The final result- Lami man sad para nako hehehe.

No comments: