I received a text (SMS) message today from an unlisted number. All he/she/it (for purposes of brevity I will refer him/her/it as it) said was HAI. I don't know what it meant by that. I believe it was some hoax again. I did not reply. Yet it sent me the same message again. Irritated, I asked who it was. It texted back- Marken got ur numbr frm sumone.
Now this really blew me up and so these basic etiquette for those people who wanted to annoy other people.
- Never annoy other people just because you have nothing to do.
- If you don't know who you are texting and it is your first time to text him/her, please introduce yourself including your purpose of texting and where did you get the person's number. It has been proven that by doing so, you will get a reply.
- If someone asks you other people's number, please take extra effort to ask or tell the concerned person that someone is asking for his/her number.
- Never ever give other people's numbers without their permission. It is very rude.
- And if by chance you are bored, horny or just wanting to make other people's lives miserably difficult, rule number 1 still is the most effective way.
Privacy still counts despite the encroachment of technology in our lives.
Photo grabbed from pindebit.blogspot.com