Search and You Shall Find in My World

16 March 2008

Dying for A Cause? For Chrissakes!

I am not religious. I do not wish to fight zealously over some issues with religions and other sects. I even hate those all-pious Catholics, Bible-toting Protestants and Born Again Christians who have nothing to say but make you feel you are the dirtiest scumbag on earth.

But what about killing people for your religion?

When I woke up this morning and read the news online, it hurts me to know that suicide bombers have already killed 10,000 people in Iraq and these bombers "usually are alienated young men from large families who are desperate to stand out from the crowd and make their mark," a study profiling these bombers said.

The study further states that most of these young men came from impoverished or middle class families and have been recruited by Al Qaeda from outside of Iraq.

What a waste of life! Trained to kill people, some of which are innocent to their blind cause.

The news further said- The social and economic situation in the region "will keep this generation, and the next generations to come, impoverished," the summary says. That will give fertile ground for al-Qaida to give such men "a purpose, a direction, and a reason to live and die."

I know you will say these are imperialistic US-generated public stunts so people will support their cause. But reason still prevails. Who would do a massive destruction like that? Well- not much of us have, err reason, that is still intact.

So I will just sing my favorite Beatle song- Imagine.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world


You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one.

No comments: