Search and You Shall Find in My World

18 January 2010

A Study on Lunch: Beef-Flavored Tuna

As expected after a fiesta celebration, a good fish recipe is almost always a must. However, with a big hangover from a three-day drinking binge, going to the market is a great effort. So I make use of what was stored in my kitchen cabinet- canned tuna.

I called this creation Beef-Flavored Tuna.

The recipe includes: 1 can of Century Tuna Flakes in Brine, cloves of Garlic (minced), 1 head of Red Onion (diced), a slab of Butter for frying, 1/2 cup of Beef Stock, Sambal (chili paste), Salt (optional) and Pepper.

In a heated pan, I put a slab of butter and let it melt. I added garlic (I like my garlic toasted) and onions until tender. Then I put in the tuna flakes and the beef stock, added sambal, salt and pepper. I let it stand for 5 minutes so that the beef stock would seep in the tuna. Voila!

Perfect for a Bran-Riched Red Rice. Now that is called a healthy meal.

No comments: