Search and You Shall Find in My World

09 March 2009

A good deed a day to keep rumors away

Like a true Boy Scout, doing a good turn everyday is not just being noble and virtuous but also a feel good stimulus.

I felt disgusted at home while working because people told me things not worth telling to a grieving person like me. I was dumped by a lover, actually believed a lie and then these people were spreading this mang-aagaw daw ako stuff. How could I move on?

So I left home and spend time helping people on and off the streets. I’ve assisted an old man cross the streets of Colon. I’ve lend a hand to a lady who had so many shopping bags. I saved a lady who tripped her way upon boarding the jeep. I helped out the staff at the printing press with designs. Went with Judy and brisk walked to the pier to get some goods from Bohol.

At the end of the day, I was relieved and feeling much better. I received a hug, a warm smile and a tap in the back and a special attention worth remembering a lifetime.

So that would be my option from now- do a good turn every day and let rumor-mongering people do their worries.


The world is a great mirror. It reflects back to you what you are. If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you. The world is what you are.  – Thomas Dreier


No comments: