Search and You Shall Find in My World

05 October 2009

While you were out, I was chilling here...

I was invited to accompany a friend in a stay at the Waterfront Hotel over the weekend. He said he needed to sleep without disturbance, but would not stay at the hotel alone. Not having the nosy-type personality and would be lost in the wall if required, he dragged me along. He said I could go someplace if I would get bored myself in the room. All he would do is sleep.

But honestly, compared to my place, Waterfront is much much better. There was no comparison, actually.
  • My place has no aircon. Waterfront has rooms that were literally freezing.
  • My small sofa would double up as bed during the night. Waterfront has the coziest bed ever and lots of cozy chairs in their rooms.
  • My place has no TV. Waterfront has cable TV! And phones. And ref. And other free treats.
  • I pay my internet connection. Waterfront has free wifi connection.
  • My food choices were mostly composed of canned goods. Waterfront has free buffet breakfast worth drooling for.
So why should I say NO? But my, it was eXXXpensive.

===================================================
While eating breakfast at Cafe Uno, my mind wandered around and came upon those who were affected by the typhoon. Call me hypocrite and numb and without a heart, but while eating I only thought of them. Just a thought. About them.

And while thinking, I saw the busboys throwing the ham, bread, pastries and some stuff I could not afford to have in my breakfast table, on the garbage can. Why? The people at Cafe Uno were not actually eating them. In my mind came a very big SAYANG! Why get them extra when you would not actually eat them?

How I wish I could ask for the leftovers and give them to the people outside the gates of Waterfront.

Hahayyy. Life is never fair.

No comments: